As DUI laws become harsher and penalties become more rigid, you need to hire a lawyer to represent your case. You may be sentenced to jail, you may have to perform community service, you must pay a huge fine, and you may be blacklisted for future employment opportunities. When you are arrested for drunk driving, you may lose more of what you think. Future employment opportunities will be the worst thing; if you pose a risk to the employer, the employer will not hire you. By hiring a lawyer who specializes in DUI cases, you may be able to get off the car with the lightest penalty.
But remember, when hiring a lawyer, there must be a compatibility match between the two of you. Since you will often work with this person, you will need to understand each other. You can call the Bar Association to check the lawyer’s track record and see if there are complaints against them. The benefits of hiring a DUI lawyer include:
- You have a skilled lawyer with DUI legal experience to defend you: your impaired driving lawyer will have the necessary experience to protect you, especially if the DUI charges are in their field of expertise. Experienced lawyers will maintain good rapport with judges, prosecutors and local law enforcement officers, which will help you reduce your sentence or overturn the charges.
- We will advise you on legal choices: a lawyer can provide you with the best option. If the accusation against you is too overwhelming, your lawyer may suggest that you negotiate a defence with the prosecutor to avoid going to court, thus saving you money.
- Your lawyer may be able to dismiss your charges or reduce the sentence: an experienced lawyer will know how to dismiss your charges or request a lower penalty. So you might have to pay a substantial fine instead of going to jail, but it’s still better than going to jail, right?
- Get back your driving license: When you are charged for using DUI, your driving license will be revoked, and your vehicle will be detained. Your lawyer can help you withdraw your license faster than if you do it yourself.
- Your lawyer has time to investigate what he might have done in your case: Your lawyer can further explore your case and perhaps notice and find out things the police might miss that can help you overturn the charges.
When using DUI in charge, you will need to handle and deal with many legal procedures. Have a DUI lawyer around you who can help you deal with all these things while still making a difference in your daily life. If you are lucky, you may also be able to reduce the fee not to pay for this error.
551 Gerrard St E Suite 1A
Toronto, Ontario M4M 1X7
Phone: (416) 816-4848
$000 – $000